It’s curry time! If you think that being vegan makes it hard to enjoy a nice curry, think again! There are many ways to adapt your favorite dish, just like I did with this Butter Tofu Curry.
*** For those who can’t eat tofu (due to the soy), it can easily be replaced by cauliflower and tastes just as good. ***
Butter Tofu Curry
- ½ cup raw cashews + ½ cup almond OR soy milk
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 1 small white onion finely diced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut milk canned version
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 package organic extra firm tofu drained, pressed and sliced in cubes*
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
In a blender, mix the cashew and the almond (or somilk until smooth. Leave aside.
In a pan oiled (with the grapeseed oil), add the ginger, garlic and onions. Cook until approximately 5 minutes at medium heat.
Add all the spices, stir well and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes, coconut milk, tofu and cashew mixture.
Mix well and simmer for 10-15 minutes on medium-low heat.