During the Winter months, it’s important to maintain a similar diet to the one we have in Summer. With the lack f sun and outdoor exposure, our body needs all the goodness and vitamins fruits, vegetables and grains provide. My trick? I often buy frozen fruits and vegetables when they’re not in season. It’s much cheaper, keeps longer and quicker to prepare.
With these delicious strawberry muffins, you get to start your day the best possible way. Fresh, tendre and moist to perfection, you can even decide to enjoy them as dessert, topped with your favorite non-dairy ice cream.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar you can add more, up to 1/2 cup, if you like them sweeter
- 1/4 cup stevia or sugar of your choice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 large banana ripe and mashed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut or canola oil
- 1 cup frozen strawberries thawed
Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
Add wet ingredients to dry, by mixing well.
Fill your muffins cup about 3/4 of the way and bake for 20-25 minutes (start checking at the 20 minute mark.)