People often wonder what else you can do with tahini beside hummus. Years ago, back in England, I asked the same question to a chef in a restaurant. The answer: to roast vegetables. Of course! Why didn’t I think of that before? Ever since, I’ve said goodbye to oil and hello to tahini.
This time, I used butternut squash but it works with pretty much any vegetables.
Tahini Roasted Squash
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and sliced in cubes
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice of half a small lemon or more
- 1-2 garlic cloves to taste
- Fresh pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Rosemary leaves to taste
- 1 tsp Hemp seeds optional
Preheat over at 400 degrees F
Toss butternut squash with all the other ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
Arrange coated squash on a baking tray and roast until tender and lightly golden, approximately 25-30 minutes